85100 LES SABLES D'OLONNE
1968 - 2018: A new edition of the Golden Globe Race to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Sunday Times Golden Globe Challenge.
An old world tour, solo, without stopover, without assistance with the same means as in 1968 !
A unique challenge, pure and hard: the return to the golden age of sailing alone. A tribute to the traditional values of sailing.
18 skippers in solo. 13 nationalities
The sailors will follow a very simple route: the boats will leave the port of Sables d'Olonne to go around the world by the five great capes and join the Sables d'Olonne again, without stopover.
# START INFORMATION
- Departure of the boats from 9:30 to 11:30.
- At 12h, start of the race (the starting area is off Tanchet).
# ACCESS - DEPARTURE JULY 1ST
3 free car parks with shuttles / from 7h to 18h30:
- Brico Leclerc / Olonne sur mer: 380 parking space - shuttle every 10 minutes.
- Weldom / Château d'Olonne: 100 parking space - shuttle every 20 minutes.
- Les Océanes, Géant Casino / Château d'Olonne: 250 parking space - shuttle every 20 minutes.
3 public car parks located near Port Olona:
- The Salines, Port Olona: 270 parking space
- Sauniers: 100 parking space
- La Sablière: 350 parking space
- Water Sports Competition
- Sporting event
Location of the place