rue de l'église
85100 LES SABLES D'OLONNE
Located on the site of the Rosaire chapel in the 13th century and a dependency of the parish of Olonne, the church was built in 1646.
In the 17th century, Les Sables d’Olonne became a major codfishing harbour and the residents asked Richelieu, bishop of Luçon, to create a parish and erect a church.
In 1646 the first stone was laid.
The Church retains its Gothic appearance, but the western façade is evocative of the Renaissance. It is one of the rare examples of the Counter-Reform.
Open all year
Location of the place